Friday, December 3, 2010

Update from the 6 month mark!

Well, we have officially been on the waitlist for 6 months and 1 day now!  This is a pretty monumental point, since the average wait for referral is about 9 months.  As usual, the month of December is going to fly by.  We're excited about the possibility of a call coming as soon as March.



We did something a little unusual this year and spent Thanksgiving in the Caribbean on a cruise with my entire family - 10 of us.  We had a wonderful time.  We realized this would be the last time we packed our suitcases and went off on a journey before we go to see our little one in Ethiopia - our last trip before we're parents.  Next trip: AFRICA!


3 comments:

*Ashley Lou* said...

Congrats on hitting that 6 month mark!! AND for the cruise...we, too, love taking cruises!!! Hopefully Spring 2011 will bring a lot of NEW things!!

Jennifer said...

So glad I got to meet you guys tonight at the Queen of Sheba! Christie - I love to scrapbook too! I have been thinking that I need to start our adoption album now :)
Hope to see you again soon. We should totally get together since we live so close.

Matt and Sarah said...

Yea! I'm so glad I was able to meet you guys tonight at the Queen. I really enjoyed talking to you. All of parents-to-be need to get together again soon!